City of Chico Community Grant Program Guidelines
To qualify for participation in the grant program, your agreement is necessary to the below guidelines:
- All funds raised by your organization during the grant drive are unrestricted. However, the funds granted by the City of Chico are restricted to the objectives you state in the application.
- North Valley Community Foundation (NVCF) will accept donations on behalf of your organization starting August 1 and 100% of these donations (minus applicable credit card fees) will be distributed to your organization within 30 days of the close of the program on August 31.
- Checks should be made out to “[the name of your organization]/NVCF” and sent from the donor directly to: North Valley Community Foundation 240 Main Street, Suite 260, Chico, CA 95928.
- Receipts will be issued by North Valley Community Foundation. NVCF will send a receipt for donations of $250 or greater (as per IRS guidelines) with an acknowledgement letter to each donor. You will be provided with the donor’s name and address at the end of the grant drive and are encouraged to also send a thank you. The amount of each donation will be provided once the grant program is concluded.
- Funds directed to this effort are to be contributions from donations only. No funds allowed from special events or fundraisers. b. No goods or services will be provided in exchange for donations. c. No fees for membership, drawings, dinners, or other activities are allowed.
- Donations of cash are discouraged and will be accepted only with prior arrangements. Unrolled coins will not be accepted. Call NVCF for details.
- Donations of stock (securities) can be accepted. Call NVCF for routing information.
- Donations received before the drive begins or after the deadline closes will be passed through to the participating organization, but will not count towards matching grants.
- Grant funds from the City of Chico Impact Fund will be distributed to each participating organization proportionate to the total amount by the grant program. Grants will be given as a match up to the first $10,000 raised by any one participating organization.
- I understand that all funds received by North Valley Community Foundation are subject to the variance power* of the NVCF Board of Directors.
*The Board of Directors shall have the power to modify or eliminate any restriction, condition, limitation or trust imposed with respect to any funds or property the title to which has become vested in this corporation if, in the sole judgment of the Board of Directors, such restriction, condition, limitation or trust becomes unnecessary, incapable of fulfillment or inconsistent with the charitable needs of the community or area served.